Sunday, March 25, 2007

You've Been Mugged! (Episode #1)

Well I'm back. Sorry to keep everyone hanging on by their fingernails for my next post!! LOL! However, as you can see My Mug has been on a field trip!!

Went skateboarding with our friends at an indoor skateboarding park up in Rye, New Hampshire. Awesome place! Everyone had a great time. Even My Mug "Hung Ten"! Which actually was a little scary as I overheard some talking about sending it down the huge half-pipe! Also the idea of having a "stunt" mug was discussed!

I however, am thoroughly convinced I am a "legend in my own mind"! So of course I took a couple of "bad" falls (as if there is a "good" fall?). Unfortunately, I really smashed the same hip I had smashed on my first horseback riding lesson this Fall! That first lesson cost my health insurance company $1,100!!! So what do I do? Smash it again of course!!!! AAAAGGGHHHH!!!

So I said to my Son, "P! I really smashed my 'bad' hip again!" He said , "It's not your 'bad' hip Mom." It's your HOBBY HIP!"

So there you have it. My HOBBY HIP and I have been hobbling around lately. Luckily didn't need the ER this time.

So the verdict is is:
Horseback Riding - YES (definitely have improved there)
Skateboarding - NEVER again!

I'm glad to report I'm back and I'm bad, and - It's All Good!

Hmmm...? I wonder about rollerblading?

Hobble gently, LPK

8 comments:

KiefersKate said...

NO!!!
No rollerblading until after NYC please!!!!!
You are a legend in your own mind - & too dangerous by half!!

lpk said...

Dear Kieferskate,

LOL!! Thanks! I agree and I promise - No rollerblading till after you get to use your airplane tickets back and forth to NYC! cheers!

Free10007 said...

Feel better, LPK!

I won't try (too hard) to sell the yoga, but it really can be helpful in recovering from a variety of injuries, if you've got a trusted teacher.

(It also helps to hone balance, which might help with future rollerblading and skateboarding extravaganzas!!!)

Be well.

lpk said...

Hey free10007,

Thank you so much for visiting at It's All Good and for your most kind words!

I think you just might get me into yoga again. Definitely more longevity in it for me than skateboarding! hobble humbly, LPK

P.S. Have you ever seen the Kiefer Sutherland /Dennis Hopper movie Flashback? Kiefer's name in that is Free. Is that where you got your name?

Carolyn1968 said...

Don't forget--you need to have falls in order to get yourself up! I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt, but don't give up trying new things! Maybe just take them a little slower--no half-pipes next time!

OMDF said...

YOGA!!! Let check into classes at the gym. I think yoga is suppose to be help lower you blood pressure. I need it to help calm me down and find my center. So waddaya say to YOGA classes.... before we adventure into rollerblading????

Jorge said...

L, I saw a picture of you in your Skateboarding outfit. You look like a pro. Take Care, Jorge

Free10007 said...

Free actually comes from Freecycle...I originally set up this email account to use on Freecycle.

If you ever want to get rid of stuff, but you don't want to toss it and you think that maybe nobody will want it, try Freecycle (www.freecycle.org). People will come to your house to pick up the most improbable stuff!

But now that I know about Jack's, I mean Kiefer's movie name...well, it must have been preordained!!!